Forgive my shriekiness (PS: “shriekiness” is a word? I totally thought I made it up, but my trusty spellcheck apparently begs to differ…good to know…) about this; it’s simply inavoidable – THE SMITTEN KITCHEN IS BECOMING A COOKBOOK! I’m sorry – I’m completely beyond excited, and when I’m this excited, my sentence structure is really questionable at best. So let’s revert to some trusty bullet points to address my obsession, shall we?
– I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but I love love love the Smitten Kitchen. The writing, the photography, the unbiased reviews of everything that crosses their dinner table…it’s just so right.
– My morning routine goes a little something like this: drag self out of bed, compile “professional work outfit,” suck down two shots of espresso from the best Christmas present ever, drive to work, turn on computer, open email, type in www.smittenkitchen.com. FIN.
– Deb, Deb, Deb. I feel like I know you. Even though I’m that creepy girl who reads your blog compulsively without EVER commenting (I know, I know, where are my manners!?), I hang on every word of advice you’ve ever given. It’s ok guys, I’m totally not a groupie. I totally don’t accept Deb’s word as truth and reject recipes purely on the basis they didn’t work out for her (Although, to be fair, if they didn’t work for her, what are the odds that I can make them happen? Nil, people. The answer is zero chance.).
– The CAKE ADVICE. Because large-scale cake-baking is suddenly and irrationally my new favorite hobby (especially this month, as I have FOUR, count them – FOUR, upcoming birthdays to contend with), I need these words of experienced wisdom. I need them like I need my red wine and chocolate, and I think we all know that those are needs that simply must be addressed whenever they strike. Case closed.
– If you think that my immediate response to this information was to send Boyfriend the aforementioned link with the text “This is what you’re buying me for Christmas 2012. No, that is not a typo, and yes, I know it’s April 2010.”, then you win. Congrats! (I have no prize for you; please check back later).
BOTTOM LINE: I am EXCITED, people. And I’m 99.9% certain most of you are, too.